PanzerBlitz Tournament - A Call for Interest

Post here to request a match for a game you are interested in playing.

PanzerBlitz Tournament - A Call for Interest

Postby Duncan » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:10 pm

Panzer Blitz Tournament – A Call for Interest
I would like to run a tournament for the original Panzer Blitz game in 2012. This is a call for interest prior to me putting any work into the project. It would be either a double elimination or round robin format, depending on the number of entrants. Players would each have two games going at the same time. They would be against the same opponent and playing either side. The aggregate score would determine victory because PB tends to be somewhat unbalanced. Format would be VASSAL preferred and email allowed. Players would be required to play a turn for each game every week. Exceptions would be allowed for vacations and other personal interruptions. Games would take about three months at this pace. Be aware that this could mean a two-year or longer commitment. So far one other person and myself have expressed interest on the AHIKS forum. The tournament could go with as few as four people. If you are interested contact MC@ahiks.com
Duncan

Postby vmibert » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Duncan,

I really like PB - but I have one game going on (1776) and I'm starting another (Alexander). I will bow out of this one - as one turn a week for two PB games would be tough for me.

Thanks for taking the lead on this!

Sincerely,

Bert
vmibert

Postby Duncan » Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:24 pm

So talk to me mate.
What do you think is a reasonable turn around. Problem being that if we play one game at a time it makes for a longer commitment. I can do that though. :) But I worry about participant attrition.
Duncan

Return to Opponent Wanted