Civil War (Victory Games)

Post here to request a match for a game you are interested in playing.

Civil War (Victory Games)

Postby Dave T » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:47 am

If you are interested in PBEM Civil War (Victory Games) on VASSAL, please send me a private message. This is a tremendous game, due to its unique design. We are just completing a rules revision, which cleans up the ambiguities and problems, and adds many optional rules.
Dave T

Re: Civil War (Victory Games)

Postby tct » Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:40 am

Hi Dave;

One of the Great American Civil War games of all times. I played this one quite a bit back in the mid 80's, but have since sold the game. I will see if I can find another copy. It does turn up for sale at game conventions every so often. Someone had a copy at GMT East 2009 and I just missed it.

Keep me posted, I am quite interested.
tct

Postby Dave T » Tue Sep 15, 2009 5:51 am

Tom,

The game is available on VASSAL (I understand that Cyberboard has a version as well). I would be happy to walk you through it, if you're interested.
Dave T

Postby tct » Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:44 pm

Hi Dave;

I'm very comfortable with Cyberboard and can use VASSAL in a pinch. Let me know how to proceed. The biggest problem I will have is the rules refresh phase... ;-)
tct

Postby Dave T » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:53 pm

This is such a great game. It needed a little work in some areas, but the design is so unique and challenging. Tom is shaking off the dust and proving to be a very capable adversary.

I also see where Paul Q checked out a copy of the revised rulebook on BGG. Thanks for the tip, Paul. I have to figure out what the Geek Gold is about.
Dave T

Postby tct » Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:27 am

Just in case anyone bothers to read this, I am having a great time relearning this game. It is one of those great games where each playing of it is a new experience. There are so many options available to each side at the opening that each game is a learning experience.

I have been playing the CSA against Dave to watch and learn from his USA play. I would be interested in a second game as the USA if there is anyone else out there who is interested.
tct

Postby COLTDAGUY » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:40 pm

Hi Tct,

Why don't you post this in the After Action reports and give us a dialog of your game play? I would be interested in reading it and maybe you can give some tips on using Vassel and/or Cyberboard for us dinosaurs who don't know that technology! :-) :-) :-)

It was hard enough for the real Union to prosecute the war with the generals they had... sounds like you are really having a tough time! :-)

I nearly missed your commentary as you posted under Opponents Wanted ... Looking forward to reading more...

Thanks! :-)
Bob
Bob Best #552
COLTDAGUY

Postby ahikschas » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:05 pm

NOTE: Post has been moved to After Action Reports Forum, topic "Civil War (Victory Games)"
ahikschas
Site Admin

Return to Opponent Wanted