Waterloo by AH question.

Can an inverted Schlieffen work with a combined arms attack in the Leyte Gulf? Discuss strategy plans here!

Waterloo by AH question.

Postby Duncan » Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:22 pm

How the heck do you win as the French?
I used to play this game. It seemed that if the PAA sacrificed some small arty units they could hold up the entire French column and guarantee a win. I got tired of seeing that. What's the trick?
Duncan

Re: Waterloo by AH question.

Postby ahikschas » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:40 pm

I can tell you how they can't win: by sending 2/3rds of their entire force to Nivelles with the remaining 1/3rd as a holding force at Quatre Bras. I tried it against Omar. Didn't work.
ahikschas
Site Admin

Postby Duncan » Wed Nov 02, 2011 10:16 am

You make me weep at night. -sniff- Think I'm going to wait for Fading Glory next year rather than re-visit my frustration.
Duncan

Re: Waterloo by AH question.

Postby ahikschas » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:21 pm

Hey, don't take my poor decision-making as final. The French can win but it's always been with a more traditional assault on Quatre Bras/Tilly, with the faint being towards Nivelles. I thought I'd try to mix it up and go the opposite route. I still think it might win but the crucial decision is the ratio between the Nivelles faction and the QB faint. All the roads lead to QB so going heavy towards Nivelles is a long and arduous endeavor.
ahikschas
Site Admin

Return to Wargame Strategy